DJ Swang

Dedicated to the true art form. We are about the music and all that come with it. Best from back in the day, Present, and Future.

Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Kaleidescope Dope: Jey Ahr

10 minutes. It took just 10 minutes of listening to Long Beach's Jey Ahr for me to become a full-on believer in the the bro talent. I might be a bit biased because he the lil homie from Long Beach Jordan High School. It's pretty dope regardless. I particularly enjoyed "Cali Breeze" and I knew this cat was a stand out. Follow that introduction with "Live from the West" which is an introspective story of living in North Long Beach. It flows cohesively with his original poetry and reciting Langston Hughes. This is a nice piece of music coming out of Long Beach and I look forward to hearing his new EP. Don't just take my word for it though. Press play and let the music speak for itself...

No comments:

Post a Comment